On Sunday, Dec. 13, Christian-music artists and Dallas Jenkins, producer of The Chosen, the Gospels-inspired crowdfunded series starring Catholic actor Jonathan Roumie as Jesus, throws an Advent-season party on multiple streaming and TV platforms.
The two-hour special, Christmas With the Chosen, includes The Shepherd, the Christmas-themed short film that launched the series, and a sneak peek of Season 2 of The Chosen, which has been in production in Utah.
Says Neal Harmon, CEO of VidAngel, producer of The Chosen:
“The world is suffering this holiday season, struggling with a pandemic, political unrest, economic turmoil, and physical separation from friends and loved ones. What we all need is hope. That’s the spirit behind this one-of-a-kind musical and entertainment experience.
“This entire special takes place at The Chosen’s stunning Jerusalem set in Utah, the setting for Season 2. Every artist who participates had the opportunity to film there, and we think audiences will love what they see.”
Among the artists appearing are Matt Maher, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong United, For King & Country, the Piano Guys and Mandisa.
More info, from VidAngel:
How and When to Watch
● SOCIAL MEDIA SIMULCAST: Simulcast on YouTube, Facebook and The Chosen App on December 13th @ 5pm PT/6pm MT/7pm CT/8pm E
● BYUtv: December 13th @ 5pm PT/6pm MT/7pm CT/8pm E
● TBN: December 17th @ 5:00 PT/6pm MT/7pm CT/8pm ET and also @ 8:00 PT/9pm MT/10pm CT/11pm ET and then again on the 25th @ 8:00 PT/9pm MT/10pm CT/11pm E
● UPtv: December 24th @ 4:30pm PT/5:30pm MT/6:30pm CT/ 7:30pm ET
● HILLSONG CHANNEL: December 17th @ 7:30pm PT/8:30pm MT/9:30pm CT/10:30pm ET
Click HERE for more information.
Also, BYUtv a family-oriented cable channel based at Brigham Young University, a private insititution owned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, popularly known as the Mormons, acquired the exclusive broadcast and video-on-demand rights to both seasons of The Chosen. Season 1 started airing in October; episodes are also available on the BYUTV website and app.
Here's Jenkins, introducing the special:
Image: VidAngel Studios
Kate O’Hare, a longtime entertainment journalist, is Social Media Manager at Family Theater Productions.
Keep up with Family Theater Productions on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube